Getting Parents Involved
At The Link Academy we're greedy for parents to be involved in our school life. We recognise the importance of working in partnership with parents and carers to ensure the success and happiness of our children and young people.
Research states that parents who are actively involved in the process of their child's education achieve more in school. Parental involvement continues to have a significant effect on achievement into adolescence and adulthood.
How you can be involved:
- Attend progress evenings
- Year 7 Settling-In evening
- Attend information sessions (how to support your child workshops)
- Take part in family learning sessions- Get Cooking
- Do a course to improve your own learning
- Join our Parents' Group/PTA
- Become a Parent Governor
- Take part in a Triple P Positive Parenting Course to improve the parent-child relationship and behaviour, visit the Dudley Parenting Service or ask in school
- Support is also available for children and families, speak to someone in school or go to the Early Help website
- Information is available from school and school newsletters
Our parents' group was formed to provide closer links between home and school. The group provides an opportunity to involve parents in school life, to bring parents views into school by sharing ideas and information.
The group also organises fundraising and occasional social events, these are to bring people together in community spirit and raise funds to contribute to additional resources which support the school and community.
All parents/carers of pupils who attend The Link Academy are automatically members of the Parents' Group, we hope as many parents/ carers as possible will be involved.
We invite you to come along, please contact us on the details below.
Miss R Pearson
Parent Link Worker